GETTING READY FOR SUNDAY
To help you get ready for Sunday worship together, we’ve included some information about our upcoming service including; Scripture passages, discussion questions, and the music you’ll hear this week.
This week we are looking at Micah 6:1-8 in our Micah Advent Series.
The Lord’s Case Against Israel. Listen to what the Lord says:
“Stand up, plead my case before the mountains;
let the hills hear what you have to say.
2 “Hear, you mountains, the Lord’s accusation;
listen, you everlasting foundations of the earth.
For the Lord has a case against his people;
he is lodging a charge against Israel.
3 “My people, what have I done to you?
How have I burdened you? Answer me.
4 I brought you up out of Egypt
and redeemed you from the land of slavery.
I sent Moses to lead you,
also Aaron and Miriam.
5 My people, remember
what Balak king of Moab plotted
and what Balaam son of Beor answered.
Remember your journey from Shittim to Gilgal,
that you may know the righteous acts of the Lord.”
6 With what shall I come before the Lord
and bow down before the exalted God?
Shall I come before him with burnt offerings,
with calves a year old?
7 Will the Lord be pleased with thousands of rams,
with ten thousand rivers of olive oil?
Shall I offer my firstborn for my transgression,
the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?
8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good.
And what does the Lord require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly[a] with your God.
Read more at Bible Gateway here.
Sermon Questions this Sunday:
While you prepare for Sunday, here are some questions to consider:
Questions: Micah 6:1-8
- “Stand up, plead my case….” Have you ever witnessed a court case? Hopefully for most of us, it was just on T.V. Can you remember what it looked like?
- God puts Israel on trial, but what is His complaint or accusation against them? (vv. 3-5)
- What is Israel’s defence? How do they respond to God’s accusations? Do we respond to God in the same way? (vv.6-7)
- What do you think it means when Micah writes, “And what does the Lord require of you?”
- What does it look like to act justly, and to love mercy and to walk humbly with God?
Music this week:
- O Come O Come Emmanuel
- O Come All Ye Faithful
- O Come Let Us Adore Him
- Jesus Messiah
- Christ Be All Around Me
- Joy To The World