GETTING READY FOR SUNDAY
To help you get ready for Sunday worship together, we’ve included some information about our upcoming services including; Scripture passages, discussion questions, and the music you’ll hear.
Sunday, August 18, 2019
Bible Passage: Joel 2:23-32
1. God says “I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten”. Ever have locusts take away part of your life? Have you seen God restore what was lost?
2. Have you ever experienced shame? What does that feel like? What would it be like to never be shamed again?
3. What stories do you know of God ‘pouring out His Spirit’? Describe what that looks like.
4. Do you have any sense of the Spirit of God in you?
5. What does it mean to ‘call on the name of the Lord’? What does it mean to be ‘saved’?
Sunday, August 11, 2019
Bible Passage: Hosea 3
1. How would you describe the word “Love?”
2. Is there a time in your life, a memory, experience, or relationship in which you felt particularly loved?
3. Re-read Hosea 1. What is God’s command to Hosea and why is it strange? How would you respond? What is the connection to Israel?
4. In Hosea 3 God commands Hosea to return to his wife and love her again, “As the Lord has loved Israel.” What does that phrase mean? What does God’s love for Israel look like?
5. Do you have an easy time or a hard time believing that God loves you?
Music this week:
All My Hope
Open The Gates
To The Table