Andrew Allison · Listen
Sermon Questions Joshua 1:1-11
1. “The Lord said to Joshua”. To this point it was always “The Lord said to Moses.” But now Joshua is the guy. Does God ever speak to you? What does that sound and look like?
2. Joshua was given territory, a lot of it, God gave it to him and the people of Israel. Is there any territory that God has given you? Anything God has entrusted to you?
3. “I will never leave you”. Do you ever feel alone? How do you work your way through that?
4. “Keep the Book of the Law” had clear direction for Joshua. Are you supposed to do the same or something similar? If so, what does “Keeping the Book” mean?
5. Read Matthew 28:16-20. Are there any parallels in this passage to our Joshua 1 passage? How does Joshua point to Jesus and Jesus make sense of Joshua?