Andrew Allison – Listen
Sermon Questions: Psalm 1
- Do you believe that there is a Divine order to life? Has God put us here on purpose or are we here randomly by chance? Imagine you’re in a conversation with someone who holds an opinion opposite to yours; offer one reason/evidence for why you hold your position.
- Psalm 1 suggests there are two different ways to live, either you live a ‘righteous life’ or a ‘wicked life’. What elements differ between those two lives?
- What does verse 2 look like in your life?
- Explain verse 5. How does sin shove a person out of community?
- ‘The Lord watches over the way of the righteous’. How would you put that into your own words?
- How does the ‘way of the wicked lead to destruction’? How do you see this? Does God mete out destruction or does He ultimately back away and let people have what they want, a godless life and a Godless eternity?