Andrew Allison – Listen
Sermon Questions: Luke 13:31-35
- Jesus had enemies! Describe their tactic to discourage him.
- Dissect how Jesus responds. How does he deal with enemies?
- Even though Jerusalem had been the location of demise for many prophets, Jesus (God!) still wanted to gather them like a hen gathers her chicks. How do you make sense of that?
- Verse 35 acknowledges that ‘some chicks just refuse to get close to Mother Hen’. What does it mean their ‘house is left to you desolate’?
- Is there any hope in the phrase, “You will not see me again until…”? What hope is there even for enemies?