Andrew Allison – Listen
Sermon Questions: Luke 1:57-79
- “He has come.” Christmas celebrates an invasion! Explain this in words that would make sense to the guys at hockey or the women in your running group.
- “And redeemed them.” Agree on what the word ‘redeem’ means and then give a couple of examples of how Jesus has redeemed his people.
- Joy isn’t a feeling but rather coming into alignment with God and His purposes. Explain why you agree or disagree with this.
- “House of his servant David” points unmistakably to the fact that this kid (Mary’s) is going to be a king. Why was a new king such good news to 4 B.C.? Explain the marks of the Kingdom this king will lead.
- Read v.79 and come up with three stories that illuminate the three pieces of the verse.
Click here to find more Small-Group questions and practices.