Andrew Allison – Listen
Message Questions: 1 Peter 2:11-25
- New Hampshire’s state motto is, “Live free or die!” Explain what that means. How does the world understand freedom?
- Christians are “free” to abstain from sinful desires. How does that work? Doesn’t “freedom” mean we can do whatever we want?
- Submitting is how Christians live out their freedom. Where do you find yourself submitting these days? In what relationships is submitting most difficult?
- “Christ suffered for you.” In what ways did Jesus suffer for us? How does his suffering mean a benefit for us?
- We all hate suffering and we should; if you love suffering you’re off your rocker. Even though all that is true, do you believe that you were called by God to “suffer for doing good”? If your answer is “yes,” how have you stepped into your calling?
Click here to find more Small-Group questions and practices.