Andrew Allison – Listen
Message Questions: 1 Peter 3:1-7
- According to 1 Peter 1:1-2, what is a possible outcome of a wife’s good conduct? How might this apply to relationships in general, and not just marriage?
- In verses 3&4, Peter warns against “external adornments.” Why — what’s the problem with them? How does that message compare with what we, and especially women, hear from our 21st-century culture?
- Think of someone in your life who has exhibited a “gentle and quiet” spirit. What impact have they had on you?
- What are some practices that you have in place that help you focus on your interior well-being rather than your outward appearance?
- In verse 1 and in verse 7, Peter uses the word “likewise” or “in the same way,” referring to his description of Jesus in 2:21-24. How does this play out for husbands and wives? Is a husband called to submit to his wife? What have submitting and showing consideration looked like for you, either in a marriage, family relationship, or friendship?
Click here to find more Small-Group questions and practices.