Andrew Allison – Listen
Message Questions: 1 Peter 4:12-19
- Describe one event from your life that drew you closer to Jesus. Reflect together as a group: are the stories mostly about success or about suffering?
- “You participate in the sufferings of Christ.” Why did Jesus suffer? In what way do/can we now participate in that with him?
- “Rejoice, overjoyed, you’re blessed.” Do these reflect your response to suffering? On what grounds is joy a reasonable response to hard times?
- What does the phrase “it is time for judgement to begin with the family of God” mean for us today? If our LORD was going to bring correction into your life, what area might he single out?
- As a group, decide what it will look like for you this week to (1) commit yourself to your faithful Creator/ and (2) continue to do good.
Click here to find more Small-Group questions and practices.