Andrew Allison – Listen
Message Questions: Luke 24:1-12
- What do your neighbours think Easter is all about? How would you explain it to them in three or four sentences?
- Easter means the “making right” of some things that have gone wrong. For example: the forgiveness of sins; the reversal of death; the repair of broken relationships with God, each other and creation. Which of these mean the most to you this day?
- They were “confused,” they “wondered,” they “did not believe the women,” they “made no sense.” The first believers’ response to Jesus’ resurrection was underwhelming. What shifted that moved the disciples from confusion to confidence as the hours and days played out?
- “Why do you look for the living among the dead?” In what ways can Christians still go back and try to find life in the old dead ways of the world? Describe the “living” that Jesus has called us into that requires we leave the old dead ways behind.
- Examine v. 7. Why are each of these three pieces of the puzzle necessary? Why “into the hands of sinners?” Why death by crucifixion? Why “third day raised again?”