Stories that change the World and your heart.
Listen to an audio version of the message
Songs for this week: Spotify
- Do you have any experience with gardening/farming? If so, what is most rewarding for you and what is most frustrating about gardening?
- Describe a long-term goal you set for yourself (exercising, reading a long book series, earning a degree). How did you fare in the working and waiting of reaching that goal?
- Jesus takes time to unpack the failure of growth in three of the soils: “Satan snatches,” “have no root,” and “choked out by life’s worries, riches, and pleasures… they don’t mature.” Can you relate to these situations? Where have you seen these in your own life?
- The purpose of gardening is to grow things! That’s the point of Jesus’ message: (1) Hear the word, (2) retain it, and (3) by persevering produce a crop. What do those three steps look like in your life right now?
- Where does our LORD have you “throwing seed” these days? Have you grown discouraged or unconvinced in that assignment? Share with the group your discouragement OR your plan to stay on task with the job of sowing seeds.