Stories that change the World and your heart.
Listen to an audio version of the message
Songs for this week: Spotify
- Share the story of when you were lost in the dark—like when the power went out at your cottage or your flashlight broke on a hiking trip.
- One of the markers of a healthy Christian and church is that they aren’t hiding anything. The lamp is lit and it’s “on a stand.” Describe an experience you’ve had with a Christian(s) which was transparent and open.
- How do you interpret v. 17: “nothing is hidden that will not be made known?” Is Jesus saying he’s going to make God known? Is he saying that there’s no place for secrets in a Christian’s life? Is he saying that God will expose any Christian, certainly leader, who tries to conceal their own sin?
- “Consider carefully how you listen.” Rate yourself on listening these days on a scale of 1-10. Explain your answer.
- Good listening brings life; poor listening impoverishes. How will you help each other listen even better so your group can be a place that brings life?