Stories that change the World and your heart.
Listen to an audio version of the message
Songs for this week: Spotify
- Tell the story behind the best meal (feast!) you’ve ever eaten.
- Read Isaiah 25:6-9. This is the backdrop to Jesus’ parable and the comment, “Blessed is the man who will eat at the feast of the Kingdom of God.” The most popular assumption in Jesus’ day was that only law-observing Jews would “eat at the feast.” What is the most popular assumption in our day about who will “be saved”/be part of the Kingdom to come?
- What do you make of these excuses? Do they seem reasonable to you?
- In the story, the lame and the poor are invited in and welcomed, and then even those on the country roads and beyond are earnestly invited. What would a church look like that lived like this?
- What does the phrase “so that my house will be full” reveal about the heart of God?