Stories that change the World and your heart.
Listen to an audio version of the message
Songs for this week: Spotify
- Have you ever built something? What lesson(s) did you learn doing that?
- What does Jesus mean ‘hate your…wife and children…’? What point is he so strongly making by using the word ‘hate’?
- Explain how offensive ‘carry your cross’ would have sounded to the Roman-occupied Jews of Jesus’ time. What about ‘carrying your cross’ doesn’t sit well with you? Is there any good news attached to it?
- What “terms of peace” are available to a king with 10 000 troops who is facing a stronger king with 20 000 troops? How does the concept of ‘surrender’ sit with you?
- The word ‘disciple’ appears more than any other significant word in the passage. How do these stories change what you thought about being a disciple? What’s your response? Are you walking away, reconsidering or going all in?