Stories that change the World and your heart.
Listen to an audio version of the message
Songs for this week: Spotify
- The rich man finds himself in Hades. Which of the three views of hell are most familiar to you or reflects your view? Why do you hold that?
a) Eternal torture: God honours a person’s choice to reject him. Their immortal souls are then eternally separated from him, the source of all life, hope, and love.
b) Eternal end: Hell itself is destroyed in the end, along with those who have rejected God.
c) Eternal opportunity: God wants to save all people and God is all-powerful. He will ultimately rescue everyone through hell.
- “You make your choices; then your choices make you.” (Anne Frank) Do you agree? How might the rich man be an example of this?
- Has Money ever attempted to be a master in your life? What did that look like? Was it an attachment to possessions? Or, have you experienced either security, or insecurity, by the size of your bank account? Or was your social worth affected by your clothes or your home? Or…?
- Is there a Lazarus in your life—someone who is overlooked or neglected? What might God be calling you to do or be for that person?
- Of the three practices—simplicity, generosity, hospitality—which one do you find easiest? What tips would you offer to someone who finds it hard? Which one do you most resist? Why?