Stories that change the World and your heart.
Listen to an audio version of the message
Songs for this week: Spotify
- Where do you see judgment and criticism in society today? What kinds of things do people use to look down on each other?
- Describe the Pharisee’s interior life—his view of God and his view of himself. Explain how the tax collector’s interior life was different.
- How do self-righteous confidence and judgmentalism go hand-in-hand?
- How does the tendency to evaluate others show up in your life? If judgmentalism is an indicator that our souls are not right with God, how is yours doing?
- The Pharisee was doing some good things—practicing spiritual disciplines and worshipping at the temple—but his heart was off. How do we avoid doing the same?