Listen to an audio version of the message
Songs for this week: Spotify
- Recall a time when someone put themselves at risk to come to your aid.
- Do your best to get inside the heads of the tenants of this story. What is their line of logic? What parts of that make sense to you?
- The punchline is “I will send my son”. The appropriate response would have been “I’ll send an army”. Explain the heart of God in sending his son.
- Faith in Jesus by nature moves us out of self-protective and powerful responses, it even puts us into vulnerable positions (ie. love your enemies). What has been your experience of this? Does it ‘work’? Does that matter?
- Explain v. 17 and 18; How is Jesus himself the deal breaker or deal maker for human beings?