Philippians is Paul’s most joyful letter even though he’s in jail, he’s old, people are behaving poorly and it’s not clear if things will get any better. Can there be real joy when circumstances are awful?
Listen to an audio version of the message
Songs for this week: Spotify
- How were emotions dealt with in your family growing up? Were they used to
intimidate or were they dismissed as unimportant or validated?
- How healthy are you in your emotions around friends or family? How do you
measure that? What do you do well? What needs improvement?
- Think of someone who is or has been a “Jesus buddy” for you. What makes/made
that relationship so rich and genuine?
- What are some steps that you’re taking these days to form “Jesus friendships?” Is
this a priority for you, why or why not?
- Take time to pray with and for each other in your small group, giving God thanks
for emotions and friendships. Ask Him to use both of these essential elements of
being human to make you more like Him.