Philippians is Paul’s most joyful letter even though he’s in jail, he’s old, people are behaving poorly and it’s not clear if things will get any better. Can there be real joy when circumstances are awful?
Listen to an audio version of the message
Songs for this week: Spotify
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years? If you count yourself a Christian, does that influence/shape/dominate your 10-year plan?
- Is there a stretch or a strain in your walk with Jesus these days (v.13)? What are you intentionally working on these days?
- Do you have a role model (v. 17)? Who? How have they shaped your life?
- Explain the phrase “their glory is their shame” (v. 19). Explain how sin and the pursuit of self-gratification have never delivered in your life.
- Paul can’t help but recall the Resurrection (v. 21). How does your hope of Resurrection in the name of Jesus shape how you live now?