The Christian hope jumps into history in the most unlikely and improbable way: a baby. Incarnation. God with us. Immanuel. And no one saw it coming.
Listen to an audio version of the message
Songs for this week: Spotify
- Recall a time you were promised something and you had to wait (forever!) and then the person delivered on their promise.
- Examine the “I will…” statements in Genesis 12:2-3. What was God promising and how might Abram and Sarai have imagined those promises to look when they were fulfilled?
- If you know the story of the next 25 years of Abraham and Sarah’s life, explain how each of them tried to “help God keep his word.” What actually came from their “solutions?”
- Why is it so hard to wait? Why is it so hard to have hope and believe God will do as he said?
- What are you waiting on God for these days? What’s your plan for living with hope?