The Christian hope jumps into history in the most unlikely and improbable way: a baby. Incarnation. God with us. Immanuel. And no one saw it coming.
Listen to an audio version of the message
Songs for this week: Spotify
1 Samuel 1:1-20
- Recall a time when God answered your prayer.
- Hannah named her son “Samuel” saying, “Because I asked the LORD for him.” His name was a reminder of God’s answer. What reminders do you have of the times God has answered your prayer?
- How easy is it for you to ask for things? What dynamics in the relationship make it easier or harder to ask?
- Explain Hannah’s dedication of Samuel “for all the days of his life.” Do you see any parallels between Samuel and Jesus?
- Do you have a plan for positioning yourself to experience the love of God at Christmas? How do you intend to share that with the people God has placed around you?