Our message series, The Conspiracy of God, will take us through the Sermon on The Mount.
A conspiracy involves a secret power at work behind the scenes, undermining those that currently hold sway. Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount is God’s invitation to participate in his great conspiracy by apprenticing to Jesus.
Listen to an audio version of the message
Songs for this week: Spotify
- Which part(s) of the Bible make sense to you? Which part(s) are confusing and hard to understand?
- Explain how Jesus “fulfilled” the Scriptures? Does Jesus’ endorsement of the Bible strengthen your confidence in the Book?
- Have you ever seen someone, “set aside one of the least of these commands and teach others to do the same?” What does that look like and how do you guard against that for yourself?
- How are you currently practicing and teaching “these commands?”
- Explain how your righteousness could ever surpass that of the very religious Pharisees?