Our message series, The Conspiracy of God, will take us through the Sermon on The Mount.
A conspiracy involves a secret power at work behind the scenes, undermining those that currently hold sway. Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount is God’s invitation to participate in his great conspiracy by apprenticing to Jesus.
Listen to an audio version of the message
Songs for this week: Spotify
- Tell the story of a time you pretended to know something you didn’t know or tried to look like something you weren’t.
- Name the motives behind our over-stating and over-promising. Why do we do that?
- How was your “yes” and your “no” validated or not validated during your childhood? Are you comfortable saying yes and no now?
- Rate yourself 1-10 about how good you are at keeping your word. If you say you’re going to do something, do you do it?
- What has helped you to be careful with your words?