Our message series, The Conspiracy of God, will take us through the Sermon on The Mount.
A conspiracy involves a secret power at work behind the scenes, undermining those that currently hold sway. Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount is God’s invitation to participate in his great conspiracy by apprenticing to Jesus.
Listen to an audio version of the message
Songs for this week: Spotify
- What causes two people to become enemies?
- Jesus never said “‘when you become a Christian, you won’t have enemies anymore.” What
he said was “love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.” Have you ever seen
or do you know the story of someone who obeyed this command?If so, tell the story.
- The world looks after its own. v. 46-47 call us away from only “loving those who love us.”
How might you “do more than others” with your enemies?
- The root and fuel behind this command is our Heavenly Father. Children do what they see
their father doing. What do you know about the Father heart of God?
- Does the command to“be perfect as your heavenly Father is perfect” discourage you or
inspire you or make you drop to your knees and ask for help?