Our message series, The Conspiracy of God, will take us through the Sermon on The Mount.
A conspiracy involves a secret power at work behind the scenes, undermining those that currently hold sway. Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount is God’s invitation to participate in his great conspiracy by apprenticing to Jesus.
Listen to an audio version of the message
Songs for this week: Spotify
- What are some ways that Christians can “practice righteousness” as part of their daily and weekly rhythms?
- What does the practice of “giving to the needy” look like in your life?
- When you give or serve, what’s a warning sign for you that you are seeking others’ attention? (For example, disappointment at not being noticed?)
- When you find yourself seeking others’ attention, are you most likely to be looking for acceptance, affection, or affirmation? Explain.
- When you imagine what God is thinking or feeling about you, what comes to mind? How easy is it for you to hear, “This is my son/daughter, whom I love. With him/her, I am well pleased?”