Our message series, The Conspiracy of God, will take us through the Sermon on The Mount.
A conspiracy involves a secret power at work behind the scenes, undermining those that currently hold sway. Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount is God’s invitation to participate in his great conspiracy by apprenticing to Jesus.
Listen to an audio version of the message
Songs for this week: Spotify
- What is your experience in prayer? Is praying easy or difficult for you? Why do you think that is?
- What might Jesus have meant when he counseled “go into your room, close the door?” What would/does this look like in your life?
- The glory of God is the emphasis of vv. 9&10. What of those phrases stick out to you this week?
- Humanity’s dependence is the emphasis of vv. 11&12. How do you stay honest before God about your need for “daily bread,” forgiveness, and forgiving others?
- The schemes of evil are the focus of the prayer in v. 13. Describe your understanding of the evil one’s schemes and how those influence the temptations that roll in and out of your life?
- Is there anyone you have been refusing to forgive? What step(s) could you take this week to move that forward?