Our message series, The Conspiracy of God, will take us through the Sermon on The Mount.
A conspiracy involves a secret power at work behind the scenes, undermining those that currently hold sway. Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount is God’s invitation to participate in his great conspiracy by apprenticing to Jesus.
Listen to an audio version of the message
Songs for this week: Spotify
- Would you say that you are prone to judge people? Rate yourself 1-10. What are you most often critical of in other people?
- Jesus says that we’ll be judged in the same way we judge others. Is that an eternal judgment thing or a day-to-day judgment thing?
- Explain the “speck of sawdust and beam in your own eye” comment that Jesus makes. What is the lesson with that image?
- How do you understand v. 6 when Jesus talks about dogs and pigs? How does that verse shape your thinking about sharing your “pearls” with those you’re trying to fix?
- How do you reconcile the fact that God is our Judge? The Bible says that one day he will render judgment over our lives. How does that sit with you?
Extend your small group discussion with the expanded guide for today’s message. It includes more questions and soul training practices for you and your small group.