Our message series, The Conspiracy of God, will take us through the Sermon on The Mount.
A conspiracy involves a secret power at work behind the scenes, undermining those that currently hold sway. Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount is God’s invitation to participate in his great conspiracy by apprenticing to Jesus.
Listen to an audio version of the message
Songs for this week: Spotify
- Describe a time when you needed to make a major decision. How did your choice impact your life thereafter?
- “Enter by the narrow gate.” How would you define the narrow gate? How does Jesus’ statement challenge our culture’s ideas of spirituality?
- Where do you see the wide gate and easy path in the world around us today? Or in your own life?
- How do Christians experience the way of life to be “narrow” and “hard”? How do you reconcile this with Jesus’ statement that his “yoke is easy and his burden is light” (Matt. 11:29)?
- How is Jesus challenging you to choose the way of obedience to him today?
Read and meditate on Psalm 1 this week, reflecting on its two ways.