The church at Corinth gives us a glimpse into how the Kingdom landed and found shape in a rather typical First Century Roman city. There was nothing exceptional about the Corinthian church: just believers trying to learn how to walk out of familiar kingdoms of darkness and walk into the Kingdom of Light.
Listen to an audio version of the message
Songs for this week: Spotify
- Do you have a story about deserving punishment but instead receiving grace? Tell that story.
- Being “called” is a big part of this passage (see vv.1, 2, 9). In what way are you “called?”
- How would you explain grace, particularly God’s grace, to a friend who doesn’t share your Christian hope?
- In what ways were the Corinthian believers ‘enriched’ by God? In what ways have you/we been “enriched in every way?”
- What does it mean to you that on the day Jesus returns you will be declared “blameless?” How does that assurance affect the way live your life?
Extend your small group discussion with the expanded guide for today’s message. It includes more questions and soul-training practices for you and your small group.