The church at Corinth gives us a glimpse into how the Kingdom landed and found shape in a rather typical First Century Roman city. There was nothing exceptional about the Corinthian church: just believers trying to learn how to walk out of familiar kingdoms of darkness and walk into the Kingdom of Light.
Listen to an audio version of the message
Songs for this week: Spotify
- Explain, to the best of your ability, the “message of the cross”.
- Why does the cross seem foolish to the world?
- Does being a Christian mean that we’re anti-intellectual? Does believing in Jesus mean you leave your brains at the church door? Explain.
- Think of some times when God did the reverse of what you’d expect, or recall times when he chose the underdog instead of the visibly impressive.
- What confidence does the cross give you, (1) with God, (2) with yourself, (3) with other believers, and (4) with friends with whom you share the message of the cross?
Extend your small group discussion with the expanded guide for today’s message. It includes more questions and soul-training practices for you and your small group.