The church at Corinth gives us a glimpse into how the Kingdom landed and found shape in a rather typical First Century Roman city. There was nothing exceptional about the Corinthian church: just believers trying to learn how to walk out of familiar kingdoms of darkness and walk into the Kingdom of Light.
Listen to an audio version of the message
Songs for this week: Spotify
- When you hear the term “Holy Spirit” what do you think of? What experience, if any, have you had with the Holy Spirit?
- Paul contrasts ‘life in the Spirit’ and the ‘wisdom of this age’. How are those two different?
- What has the Spirit of Jesus taught you about the spiritual realities of this world?
- Have you ever seen the Holy Spirit misused? Tell that story.
- What does verse 15 mean? How do you see yourself living into that?
Extend your small group discussion with the expanded guide for today’s message. It includes more questions and soul-training practices for you and your small group.