The church at Corinth gives us a glimpse into how the Kingdom landed and found shape in a rather typical First Century Roman city. There was nothing exceptional about the Corinthian church: just believers trying to learn how to walk out of familiar kingdoms of darkness and walk into the Kingdom of Light.
Listen to an audio version of the message
Songs for this week: Spotify
- Have you ever tried to come alongside someone who was making a mess of their life? If so, what did you do? Maybe you were the one making a royal mess of your life. Did someone else do/say anything that helped you put your ‘train back on the tracks?
- What comes to mind when you see the phrase “jealousy and quarreling”? Have those things ever crept into your relationships?
- Paul lays out some details about Christian leadership. Comb through verses 5-15 and identify important aspects of leading as a Christian.
- Verse 16 gives a powerful picture of what God thinks about Christians not getting along. Unpack that picture and explain how you understand God’s heart about this.
- What does it mean, “all things are yours”? (v. 21) Explain what that means and explain how that speaks to all the desires we have to be significant or seen as better than others.