The church at Corinth gives us a glimpse into how the Kingdom landed and found shape in a rather typical First Century Roman city. There was nothing exceptional about the Corinthian church: just believers trying to learn how to walk out of familiar kingdoms of darkness and walk into the Kingdom of Light.
Listen to an audio version of the message
Songs for this week: Spotify
- Explain how it might work for two Christians who are in a disagreement with each other
to submit to a small group of wise Christians to help them sort out their disagreement and
come to a place of ongoing (even improved) community. What would need to be in place for that to happen?
- v. 11 “And that is what some of you were.” Describe how Jesus changes who a person is,
changes their identity and makes them a new creation. Maybe you have experienced this
- How does the Resurrection come to shape who you have sex with now? Is the
Resurrection the only, at least the major, direction God gives Christians on the subject of
- What does “flee from sexual immorality” look like in your life?
- “You are the temple of the Holy Spirit”. You are where He lives. What does that mean in
your life these days? Is there anything in your life that needs to change because of this