The church at Corinth gives us a glimpse into how the Kingdom landed and found shape in a rather typical First Century Roman city. There was nothing exceptional about the Corinthian church: just believers trying to learn how to walk out of familiar kingdoms of darkness and walk into the Kingdom of Light.
Listen to an audio version of the message
Songs for this week: Spotify
- Did you have an event this week where your rights were being challenged? How did you respond?
- Paul says that rights are good things but he chose to not use most of his rights. Why was that?
- What did it look like for Paul to ‘make himself a slave to everyone’? What would it look like for you to do likewise?
- What, if anything, needs to change in your/our life for you/us to ‘run in such a way as to win the prize’?
- Paul says he makes his body his slave. What does that mean? What could disqualify a person from the prize?