The church at Corinth gives us a glimpse into how the Kingdom landed and found shape in a rather typical First Century Roman city. There was nothing exceptional about the Corinthian church: just believers trying to learn how to walk out of familiar kingdoms of darkness and walk into the Kingdom of Light.
Listen to an audio version of the message
Songs for this week: Spotify
- Tell of a time when you needed help and someone showed up for you.
- Which lie are you more prone to believe: “I don’t belong” or “I don’t need you”?
- Why is self-sufficiency such a problem in God’s eyes? (You might discuss the differences between dependence, independence, and interdependence – or for the theologically fearless – discuss the dynamics within the Trinity!)
- Examine the passage for actions we can take that deepen our interdependence and unity. Which one of those will you put into play this week?
- Which body part in your small group, family, or church needs encouragement today (maybe it’s you, it’s okay to be honest). How might you provide specific support or encouragement for that person?