The church at Corinth gives us a glimpse into how the Kingdom landed and found shape in a rather typical First Century Roman city. There was nothing exceptional about the Corinthian church: just believers trying to learn how to walk out of familiar kingdoms of darkness and walk into the Kingdom of Light.
Listen to an audio version of the message
Songs for this week: Spotify
- Recall a habit you has as a child that you no longer have now. Do you remember when or how it stopped?
- What are the marks of adulthood mentioned in the passage? What behaviours is Paul urging believers into and what childish behaviours is he moving us away from?
- What experience do you have with the gift of tongues? What is your experience with the gift of prophecy? Why would God give those two gifts to the church?
- Do you “eagerly desire gifts of the Spirit?” What does, or would, that look like in your life?
- “God is really among you!” is something we desire at SPL. Is there something we can do to make this happen or is it 100% God’s doing?