The church at Corinth gives us a glimpse into how the Kingdom landed and found shape in a rather typical First Century Roman city. There was nothing exceptional about the Corinthian church: just believers trying to learn how to walk out of familiar kingdoms of darkness and walk into the Kingdom of Light.
Listen to an audio version of the message
Songs for this week: Spotify
- What are the essential ‘ingredients’ for a meaningful and God-honouring worship service?
- Verse 26 starts “when you come together each of you has a hymn or…” In what ways do you come prepared to participate in worship and not just observe?
- What is your current thinking on people speaking in tongues or with a prophecy? Does it make you anxious or excited or are you indifferent?
- V. 34-35 has been interpreted at least a couple of different ways by the Church over the centuries. How do you currently understand those 2 verses?
- “Be eager to prophesy.” What could/does that look like in your life?