The church at Corinth gives us a glimpse into how the Kingdom landed and found shape in a rather typical First Century Roman city. There was nothing exceptional about the Corinthian church: just believers trying to learn how to walk out of familiar kingdoms of darkness and walk into the Kingdom of Light.
Listen to an audio version of the message
Songs for this week: Spotify
- If you were going to write a personal or family Christmas letter what details would you include from your life this year?
- As you read between the lines of this chapter what problems may have been present in the church in Corinth?
- Paul seems to take all the ‘troubles’ in stride. What gave him such confidence?
- Read v.13-14. Which one of those admonitions do you need to hear right now? Explain.
- What would you say is the biggest takeaway you have from studying 1 Corinthians?