We all know the excitement of having house guests. We fluff the pillows, put on clean sheets, vacuum the hard-to-reach places and dispose of the clutter. We get ready! Advent is us getting ready. It turns out that the One who came that first Christmas, who is coming again, is the House owner. Welcome home!
Listen to an audio version of the message
Songs for this week: Spotify
- Is there a story in life of you being afraid of the dark? Tell that story.
- How would you explain how “Jesus is life” to your friend who is asking questions about your Christian faith? In what ways do you experience Jesus as life? Are we saying people without Jesus are ‘dead’? Explain.
- If Jesus is ‘the Light’ explain ‘the darkness’.
- The word ‘overcome’ has two meanings: to understand and to overpower. How do both of those meanings explain how women and men miss out on Jesus?
- Scale 1-10: how much peace do you have in your life these days? How might Jesus be inviting you to experience more of His peace?