We all know the excitement of having house guests. We fluff the pillows, put on clean sheets, vacuum the hard-to-reach places and dispose of the clutter. We get ready! Advent is us getting ready. It turns out that the One who came that first Christmas, who is coming again, is the House owner. Welcome home!
Listen to an audio version of the message
Songs for this week: Spotify
- What’s your favourite love song or movie?
- Is Jesus’ light only for Christians or is it for everyone? How so?
- Give evidence for John’s claim that “the world did not know him.” You could speak of this from history, from the latest news, or perhaps, from your own life’s story.
- How does a person, “receive Jesus and believe in his name”? Are those two things (receive and believe) the same thing or do they build on each other?
- In what ways are you like your parents? What does it mean for us to be called “children of God”?