Mary sees Jesus for who he is and pours out everything she has for him in worship. Judas doesn’t think Jesus is worth it and condemns both Mary and Jesus. And Jesus loves them both extravagantly. What’s your response to the question, “Who is Jesus … to me?”
Listen to an audio version of the message
Songs for this week: Spotify
- Simon the Leper chose to celebrate Jesus even though it would put him at odds with the religious leaders. What would it mean for you to celebrate Jesus boldly?
- Where have you seen an example of extravagant worship like Mary’s—costly and humble?
- Why was Judas so offended by Mary’s display?
- Where have you witnessed rationalized selfishness—where good words mask the real motive—in the church or culture? Is there a type of rationalized selfishness that you are prone to?
- Mary did what she could for Jesus. What can you do?