EVEN WHEN YOU DENY HIM
The first Christians knew that Jesus loved them. Mary, Martha, Lazarus, and the disciples all knew he loved them. They felt it. That was the basis for the way they did life together: rooted in his love, reminding each other of his love by the way they talked and treated each other. Many things have changed in 2000 years, but loving each other like he loves us has not changed. Never will.
Listen to an audio version of the message
Songs for this week: Spotify
- “As I have loved you” is an important phrase in this passage. How has Jesus loved you? What has his love looked like in your life?
- Have you ever been part of a group in which you felt Jesus’ love? Tell that story.
- Peter missed Jesus’ main point and got distracted. What can distract you so much that you fail to love the people around you?
- When have you been good at loving people? What ‘ingredients’ contributed to you doing that well?
- What relationship is God prompting you about right now? How are you going to raise the bar this week in your love for that person?