The letter to the Ephesians ends with a surprise assignment – warfare! Part of God’s extravagance with us is to invite us into His epic battle against the powers of evil and the evil one’s ’schemes.’ Jesus talks about these things and our ‘surprise’ role in it. He sends us out like sheep among wolves! That’s rather shocking. You may also be underwhelmed by the weapons you’ve been given. Don’t second guess God; His armour has real firepower!
Listen to an audio version of the message
Songs for this week: Spotify
- What do you imagine when you hear the term ‘spiritual warfare’?
- What do you understand about the evil one and his intentions?
- Unpack each of 6 pieces of armour. What does each mean, and how are you ‘wearing’ them?
- The armour equips us to pray all kinds of prayers, especially for each other. What might you pray for each other? Take time to do that right now.
- Tychicus was a dear brother and faithful servant. He was given a mission to encourage. Do you have a Tychicus in your life? Thank God for her or him. Is our Lord asking you to be a Tychicus for someone? What’s your plan to encourage one person this week?