The Beginning of Wisdom
What is the secret to living life well? The book of Proverbs gives us God’s answer to that question: wisdom. But what is wisdom? And how do we get it? The introduction to Proverbs shows us that wisdom needs humility, takes effort, and it begins with Jesus.
Listen to an audio version of the message
Songs for this week: Spotify
- What voices offering guidance on living life do you hear around you today? What kinds of wisdom are they offering?
- Read Proverbs 1:1-7. What words or phrases stand out to you? Why?
- How do you respond to someone giving you advice or feedback? Do you have someone in your life who can correct you?
- How would you explain the fear of the Lord to someone younger than you? Why would the author of Proverbs say that this is the beginning of wisdom?
- This week, how could you pursue wisdom in your life or in a specific area of your life? Bonus: Read 1 Corinthians 1:18-25. What do you see there about wisdom in relation to Jesus Christ?