Check Your Sources
Today’s sermon offers a warning against the external and internal voices that we listen to and act upon. We need to be cautious of what voices we listen to and recognize the dangers of ‘following the crowd.’ We also need to pay attention to the internal voices acting against God’s will, such as greed and self-fulfillment.
Listen to an audio version of the message
Songs for this week: Spotify
- Read Proverbs 1:8-19. What words or phrases stand out to you? Why?
- What form might these “external voices” take in our lives, and how can we discern which voices to listen to?
- How does Solomon’s parable play out in the life of Jesus?
- Is greed a problem for everyone? Why or why not?
- How does greed show up in your life? What is a step you could take this week towards generosity?