The Grass Isn’t Greener
Solomon wants to talk to his boys about sex and how to enjoy it and avoid lifelong hurt and regret. Sex isn’t the easiest thing to talk with your kids about! But Solomon steps up and talks to them as adults and counsels adult behaviour from them. The Bible isn’t shy about sex, nor is it flippant; instead, it’s joyful and careful. Let’s do our best to follow suit.
Listen to an audio version of the message
Songs for this week: Spotify
- Why is sex so challenging to talk about?
- What should kids 5-12 years old know about their bodies and sex?
- What should students 13-18 yrs understand about their bodies and sex
- Solomon says that ‘lack of discipline’ is a killer. What kind of discipline is necessary around sex?
- Which point of Contain, Rejoice, Reject, or Reclaim (see sermon) is most important for you this week?