The Best You Can Do
Solomon didn’t want his kids to be slugs! He told them to look really closely at God’s created world and see the way that the world is designed. Among the tiniest of creatures, the ants were a great picture of work without coercion. Without a boss, these littlest creatures get things done! Jesus picked up on that. If there were ever a person who could have been justified with being served and taking it easy, it would have been Jesus, God in a bod. But he lived differently than anyone expected.
Listen to an audio version of the message
Songs for this week: Spotify
- Who does the various jobs around your house? Are there ants or slugs in your home?
- How would you rate your work ethic these days?
- Why does God sound so loud a warning about laziness?
- Christians live by grace, not by works. How does a Christian balance hard work and the grace of God?
- What could you do to work or serve without having to be told?