With His Power
Every person has a story. Humanity has a story, too, and it is best and most accurately recorded in the Bible. When Peter got the chance to share the good news, he used his people’s story to point to Jesus and call them into a healed and life-giving relationship with the God they thought they knew.
Listen to an audio version of the message
Songs for this week: Spotify
- What’s your story? How does it point to Jesus, who is Lord and Messiah?
- Unpack each of the Old Testament passages Peter quotes. Why did he use each of them in his Good News message?
- Peter pulls no punches. He talks to his audience directly about sin. How can Christians talk about sin without sounding “judgey?”
- Sometimes, skeptics want to discuss creation vs. evolution, the Crusades, or LGBTQ matters. These are important and worthwhile discussions, but how can a Christian keep the focus on Jesus as Peter did?
- Did you share your faith last week? How did that go? How are you doing in your efforts to explain “The Gospel in 60 seconds?