GETTING READY FOR SUNDAY
To help you get ready for Sunday worship together, we’ve included some information about our upcoming services including; Scripture passages, discussion questions, and the music you’ll hear.
Sunday, September 22, 2019
Bible Passage – Nahum 3:1-7
1. Nahum declares God’s judgement on the wicked. How does judgement make sense (or not) to you?
2. God says “I am against you” in Nahum. How do you reconcile that with a God of love?
3. From the passage determine Ninevah’s sin, ‘flesh’ out what that may have looked like.
4. Does your own sin compare? Is there any similarity between you and Ninevah.
5. Describe what you know about the cross that Jesus endured for you and me and Ninevite-behaving people. How does the cross bring humility (and joy) for us?
Sunday, September 15, 2019
Bible Passage – Micah 4:1-5
1. If you had one wish for the world, what would it be?
2. Explain what “they will beat their swords into ploughshares and their spears into pruning hooks” might look like in your world?
3. Paint a verbal picture of “everyone will sit under their own vine… and no one will make them afraid”.
4. True worship (the mountain of the LORD and temple language) seem key to this whole thing. Describe what you know about what worship meant for the Jews and what you imagine worship means now for Christians.
5. Is it possible for believers in Jesus to live Micah 4:1-5 out now? What’s our biggest challenge in that becoming reality?
Music this week:
–Is He Worthy
-O Praise Him
-Your Great Name
-King Of Kings
-Whole World In His Hands