GETTING READY FOR SUNDAY
To help you get ready for Sunday worship together, we’ve included some information about our upcoming services including; Scripture passages, discussion questions, and the music you’ll hear.
Sunday, May 19, 2019
Bible Passage: Nehemiah 4
1. Identify evidence of discouragement in the people of Ch. 4. Have you ever felt discouraged or despised? Describe that.
2. How have you worked through discouragement?
3. Describe what Nehemiah did to help his people combat discouragement.
4. For a time the people split their time as workers and warriors. Is there any parallel in that to the life of a Christian?
5. What, if anything, does Jesus say to those who are discouraged or despised?
Sunday, May 12, 2019
Bible Passage: Ezra 3:7-13
1. Have you ever rebuilt something? Describe the differences between a build and a rebuild.
2. Zerubbabbel’s job was to lead a team to rebuild the Temple and they were committed to “doing it right!”. List the evidence of the ‘doing it right’.
3. The foundation was a big deal, big enough for them stop and break out in praise. Why is the foundation so important in a building?
4. What is the foundation of your life? What’s the evidence for that?
5. Read 1 Corinthians 3:10-17. What does it mean that JESUS is the Foundation and you are God’ temple? Might that change your life?
Sunday, May 5, 2019
1. While Jehoshaphat was king, a “vast” army came to wage war against him. Jehoshaphat could see it coming, he was warned. Have you ever felt like there was something looming in your future that you had to face?
2. Re-read verses 1-4, what was Jehoshaphat’s response? What did he do in the face of war?
3. God tells Jehoshaphat and the people to “not be afraid or discouraged.” It’s a message that God delivers over and over again in the Bible. What fears loom large in your life? How do you face them?
4. Jehoshaphat seems to cling to three practices: prayer, fasting, and praise. It’s not your typical military strategy. In fact, when the army marches out he sends the worshippers first. It seems like a terrible idea. What happens?
5. What spiritual practices do you use in your life? Have you ever been intentional about prayer, fasting, and worship? What could that look like? What do you think it would look like if the whole church was intentional together about these three things?
MUSIC MAY 19, 2019
This I Know
How Great Thou Art
Before There Was Time
Man of Sorrows
Oh My Soul