GETTING READY FOR SUNDAY
To help you get ready for Sunday worship together, we’ve included some information about our upcoming services including; Scripture passages, discussion questions, and the music you’ll hear.
Sunday, July 21, 2019
Bible Passage: Lamentations 3:13-33
1. Have you ever gotten upset about something that was actually unrelated to what you were really upset about?
2. How might cultural relativism have a negative effect on emotions like grief?
3. Do you ever feel alone in suffering? What might it look like to lament communally?
4. What is the difference in sadness/anger and lament?
5. Have you learned how to lament? What does that look like for you?
Sunday, July 14, 2019
Bible Passage: Jeremiah 23:1-8
1. Describe a time when you were under a fantastic leader. What did that feel like for you and what made her or him such a great leader?
2. Recall a time when you’ve been under poor or even selfish leadership. How did that work out?
3. God promised to raise a ‘righteous Branch’ from David. God didn’t give up on David’s line, how might that bring hope to you?
4. Good leadership usually means people aren’t afraid or terrified or missing (v. 4) , it often means people are fruitful and increase in number (v. 3). Does one of those qualities resonate with you today?
MUSIC JULY 21, 2019
This I Know
Came To My Rescue
All The Poor And Powerless
Waiting Here For You
Great Is Thy Faithfulness
Do It Again